October 24, 2009

Punch Art #5...last one~~



I hope you have enjoyed all the fun little notebooks this week! I sure enjoyed making them all! The last one I CASEd from the Splitcoast gallery. There are many takes on this cardinal, each one is kind of adapted to the punches you have on hand. Mine is no exception.

I used the SU little laves Sizzix die here under the bird, the Signo white gel pen for his eye, as well as these punches: 1 3/4 inch circle, 1 1/4 inch circle, large Star (beak) and Word Window. The feet and tail were made with old SU punches I have from days gone by, but look at what you have and I bet you can make it work. If not, then maybe you need to BUY some punches!

Here is just a detail shot of the bird so hopefully you can see more closely what I have done here. You can also go to the gallery on SCS and use the search window (on the left) and search Punch Art. There you will find hundreds of reasons to go Punch Crazy!
Tomorrow you will see more with punches, but not notebooks! Stay tuned for some fun!
On another note, Monday is the day we find out if we will have a grandson or a granddaughter! Super excited! It will be a joyous spring for us to be sure!
~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

4 comments:

Davi said...

Shelli. What a darling card and that bird is just the sweetest. Love the simplicity and the fun ribbons!!

Davi said...

PS is see now that it isnt a card its a notebook!! :)

MariLynn said...

Your cardinals are so pretty. I love seeing them in real life. Yesterday, I was coming home from work, I saw a cardinal sitting in some red leaves that had fallen off of the tree in my yard. At first I thought it was just more leaves til he flew away. I like the punch you used for his feet.

this is fun said...

Oh he is such a cutie!