September 19, 2011

Sunshine~~

"Sunshine, on my shoulder, makes me happy!"  Remember that oldie but goodie!  Something about this Sunflower stamp makes me think of that song!  Was it John Denver?


I found this big stamp a little challenging to ink up.  It is large enough that you need to lay it down face up and hold the ink pad to coat it.  But patting or tapping the ink pad doesn't get very good coverage, so pressing and twisting is required, but then I get lines that I can't make go away completely.  I had to do this one several times.  It is probably less noticeable on a slightly darker color of CS, but it was a challenge on Vanilla.  Worth the effort, but challenging.


I used Soft Suede ink on the vanilla CS and matted on Soft Suede CS.  Then I used the dotted ribbon punch to create toe faux ribbon on the front with Daffodil Delight CS.  Oval punches finished it off.  I found this lovely card in the gallery over on SCS by stamperjeno.  Thanks!  Simple and fun!


Don't forget it is mail-a-card-Monday!


~~Blessings~~
Shelli

No comments: