September 18, 2011

Oh Summer, where for art thou?

I never wish away summer, but I always wish away winter....so I am not really ready for fall yet because that means winter is right behind it.  Having lived most of my life in San Diego, I much prefer warm temperatures.  I think snow is wonderful and pretty, from inside the house or on TV.   I lived six years in the high altitudes and dealt with snow so much that I am "over" snow.  I like to say that snow and wind (we get a ton of wind here in my little valley) are 4 letter words.  Please don't say them.


I do, however, like to make fall cards!  I like the colors and the leaves and the calmness of them. I liked the card on SCS by picard76 a lot, so I came up with my own version.  The SS is french Foliage, and the colors for ink are Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Chocolate Chip. I started with Very Vanilla CA.  The main focal point has a square of Mustard ink in it.  Wonder how I did that?  I took my square clear stamp block and applied ink directly to the block.  When pressed to the CS you get a look that is soft and almost fuzzy.  Then I added the leaves and so on.  


Happy Sunday, may you be blessed and loved!  


~~Blessings~~
Shelli

No comments: