September 06, 2011

Birds and Bees'----without the bees~~

I really like going to the CAS blog for inspiration, because when I do, about 1/3 of the thinking is done for me!  I can create an original, but I don't need to figure out where to put stuff!  I just choose colors and stamps and go! So many times I find a cute card to CASe, but I like it so much that I don't really make it mine.  I just copy, and I am pretty good at that!  But with the CAS blog, it is more my creation!  Capeesh?

I used the new In Color, Pool Party for the base.  The color selection came from the Color Coach, and I added So Saffron and Not Quite Navy.  The bird is from PTI and the sentiment is from my score at the $1 bin last week!  Aren't they great!
The CS and ink are, of course, SU!  

This is FTL #156 on CAS.  Some have used ribbon for the narrow strip behind the circle, some have used DSP, I went with stamping!  I have these great circle border stamps from PTI that I rarely use, cuz I don't really know what to do with them.  But they were perfect for today!

Tomorrow I will have another card to show you using the same layout.  I actually have a library of sketches on my computer that I refer to when I need something to start with!  Try it!

~~ Blessings ~~
Shelli




No comments: