April 19, 2011

RAK Tuesday~~

Monday had me feelin' a little less than great so Mail-A-Card Monday has become RAK Tuesday, at least for this week!

For this little beauty, I started with a white CS base. I layered on Daffodil Delight, after I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a Swiss Dots folder. I used Poppy Parade and Pear Pizazz DSP which I pulled from the level one hostess DSP pack. I stamped right onto it with black ink and trimmed around the flowers. This is called paper piecing......I think. Anyway, I used Dimensionals under the Pear flowers to add dimension and then I used some tiny clear beads from my LCS in the centers of the flowers. I used the happy bday greeting from Perfect Punches and my large oval punch to pop it out! Finally, I tied some Poppy ribbon around it and ta-da!

R.A.K. stands for Random Acts of Kindness. So mail a card, brighten a day, bring a smile, encourage a heart. You'll be glad you did!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: