January 21, 2011








Today's lovely is a sympathy card, but it could be any number of card types. There are many small sentiments that would fit inside this "box" The colors are so light and flowery that any type of greeting would be great!

I started with Early Espresso cs for the base. The focal image is actually stamped on speckled white cs that I picked up a long time back. It is nice since it is not as stark as plain white. I used Water Color Trio with Pink Pirouette ink and Rose Red ink for the flowers. I used Wild Wasabi for the stems.

For the pink little box, I used a Sale-a-bration set from last year called Vintage Frames, stamped with Espresso ink onto Pretty in Pink CS. The greeting is from PTI, and I punched out with the Curly Label punch.

The ribbon is called "Celebrate It" from my LCS in a rich brown. Lastly I used SU's half back pearls that I think were in the Holiday Mini, and I hope make it into the regular catalog! The add some dimension and texture here.




As promised, I photographed the inside of the card! I used SU markers to color directly on the stamp to create the three colors you see on the flower. The words are from an old SU set that I will never part with! I no longer have the original box, sorry...

I used SU's Pinking Hearts Border Punch for the nice edge here! I have been using border punches often on the linings of my cards. It adds more interest that a straight edge.

So there ya have it! I hope your weekend is fantastic! I will be enjoying dinner out with my honey Friday night, Stamp Club Saturday morning and hopefully game night with friends Saturday night!

Can't wait out hang with my Stamp Club Girls~~don't forget Show and Tell!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

1 comment:

Gretchen Clark said...

I love that stamp set~this card is really pretty :)