January 24, 2011

Colorful Aviary~~









When I first saw this set, I liked it. Then I got stuck imagining black bird cages and colorful birds. I couldn't see much else in my head past that. Then I saw a similar card with colorful cages AND birds, and I knew I "needed" this set.

I keep seeing cute stuff being made with this set, so plan on seeing it again!

I started with Tempting Turquoise CS, added Certainly Celery ink, Pink Passion ink, Only Orange ink, and Yo-Yo Yellow ink. The black punched piece is a Fiskars border punch. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (a favorite that shows up every club). Lastly I added some silver brads to the tops of the cages for dimension and ta-da!

The trick to the height of the bird cages is masking. If you aren't familiar with the technique, SCS has a great tutorial in the resources section. Check it out!












The inside is spruced up just a tiny bit.....




Hugs to you and stamp today!







~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: