January 08, 2010

Baby Shower~~

As most of you may know, my oldest daughter and her hubby are expecting their first child in March! I was asked to make the shower invitations a while back. Just after being asked, SU came out with the Fox and Friends set which match perfectly with my new little grandson's nursery theme! So naturally I pre-ordered so I could get them in time to make these!

I used glossy CS to stamp the little animals with to make the colors pop out a little more. I used Bashful, Celery and Cocoa inks for the animals. I used the fancy new label punch for the greeting, but the greeting itself is ancient. I picked it up years ago at a rummage sale for .50 cents! I paper pierced the corners for some dimension. The little tag is popped up with a Dimensional to keep it in place but still give the idea of a loose tag. The rest is easy to see I think.

My grandson will be named Logan and he is due in 9 weeks! My arms can't wait to hold the little guy! My DH and I just celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary this week! What a wonderful time we had! We were able to get away for a couple days and it was fantastic! Sadly, I did not make him a card. Can you believe it? After dealing with food poisoning for one of my other daughters all weekend and week, I guess I kinda ran out of time......and energy! I think he still loves me though, so it will be okay! I am blessed to have such a great hubby!

So, my new years resolution is the same this year as it was last year. To mail out birthday cards and gifts ON TIME! Last year I did great until summer, which is typically my busiest time with camp. But I am hoping to do better this year. What is yours?

Hugs til next time----

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

1 comment:

Karen Lopez said...

LOVE the baby shower invites! I bet you are SO excited!