January 09, 2010

Vintage Vogue~~

Well girls, you have probably noticed my Mojo has gone on vacation! Hence the lack of posts the last couple weeks. The best way for me to get my Mojo back, is to hop on Splitcoast and grab some idea's! Sometimes I get inspired and come up with my own cards and sometimes I shamelessly copy! Today was a shameless copy kinda day!

I pulled out a new set, Vintage Vogue, in the new style, clear mount! The clear mount is a fantastic way to go! I decided to show you several cards, done each a little differently. The first one is pretty straight forward and simple. The inks and CS I used are Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Summer Sun. It is hard to see clearly, but the brad in the center of the Summer Sun flower has a rhinestone brad that is actually a great shade of purple that coordinates nicely with the Razzleberry. It is also popped up with a couple dimensional's. I was going for elegant and simple.....quick and easy! I am very pleased with the results!

This one is essentially the same card, CASed from HERE. On this one you can see, it is layered up a bit more and the colors are fantastic! I used the same two inks, but changed up the yellow for Yo-Yo-Yellow hen I realized I was out of Summer Sun CS. See what a difference a little layering makes? I still like the first one a lot, but this one just has "more" to it!
Here is yet a third, exactly the same layout, except this time I used Regal Rose, Soft Suede and Old Olive. The rhinestone here is a glued on one, not a brad. I also thought of trying a color combo with blue for the flower, but I got tired and ran out of steam! Maybe another day!
I am feeling my Mojo sneaking up on me again, so hopefully I will be able to continue creating for ya! I know exactly where this last card is going.......have you mailed a paper hug this week? Just Do It!
~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli


No comments: