May 11, 2011

Soft Smells~~~

It's been a while since I held a new baby, but I remember.
They smell so sweet and make you smile before you even know it happened. The last new born I held was my grandson, just over a year ago. What a day that was!

I had just gotten up at 6 AM. I was having coffee with my hubby when the phone rang. It had been 6 days since I had moved into a new house and I was thankful that those 6 days had passed, because I knew when the phone rang, that it was for me! I knew Logan was on his way. Why else would the phone ring so early on a Friday morning!

I was right. After I showered, grabbed my bag and kissed my family, I drove the 6 1/2 hours to the hospital where (thankfully) we were all still waiting for him to be born. The rest is a blur, but I remember that first cry and the look on my daughter and her hubby's faces! Joy!

In light of my trip down memory lane, it is always good to have a few baby and sympathy cards on hand. This one was totally inspired from SCS! It uses the new A Slice of Life SS, some Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, CS and DSP. Very simple but less is more right?

PS I am lovin' the new taffeta ribbon by SU. I have it in several colors now. It ties nicely, is 3/8 inch wide and a pleasure to work with. Get some soon!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: