January 12, 2011

Manly Moose~~


In the process of making more cards to sell at work I decided to add some more manly cards. This set is one I will never part with. It is called Pines and retired in 2007.
I started with Always Artichoke cs, layered with Creamy Carmel (ret.). The ink, matting and stripe of cs on the left is all Chocolate Chip.
I used another retired stamp for the wood grain look in the back, called Weathered. The greeting is from PTI, which I punched out with a 3/4 inch circle punch and popped up with Dimensionals. FYI, when I stamped the pine bough behind the pine cone, I stamped off first to lighten the ink.
Tip: when you are inking up a large solid image stamp like the moose here, it is helpful to "twist and pat". Apply pressure the stamp while you twist it on the surface of the ink pad, that be sure you pat it up and down several times to erase the swirls that appear when you twist. Always check the stamp by looking at where the ink is before you stamp. This will help you avoid messing up a project!
Make someones day, mail a hug today!
~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: