January 17, 2011

Let it snow~~












There is no snow forecast for my area in the near future (thank goodness) but I know it's coming! I wish we could have one snow, like the one we had at New Years, and be done with it. But I know we need the water in the ground. This is a desert after all. I just think snow is a four letter word. If you live in the mid west, my apologies. I am a wimp!

This little guy is from a retired SU set called "Thanks Snow Much". I have had it for years, and it is among my "never let go" stamp sets. I particularly like the melted snow man in the set, as I do live in the desert! You can see the set on Splitcoaststampers if need be.

I used Brilliant Blue (ret) cs and Bashful Blue. The embossing you see on the Bashful is from a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The image in the circle is a retired hostess stamp set called "Riveting". That set is the entire reason I started buying SU punches. I needed a way to cut out the circles, and there is no way to cut it yourself and have it look nice. So I had to cave, and buy punches. I loved them, and am now hopelessly addicted to punches. I have a wall full of the old style type and am adding to my collection of the new type!

The inside is lined with white cs cut to 4x5.5 and there is a Brilliant Blue snowflake in the bottom left corner~!

I hope your weekend was lovely~~~choose a friend to encourage this week!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: