March 30, 2010

Crayon resist 2~~

I discovered it is near impossible to get a good photo of glossy card stock! I didn't use my flash and I STILL got the glare.

For today's card I used the crayon resit technique again, paired with some sponging. IRL the colors on this card are far more bright and pretty. I stamped my image from Fifth Ave Floral with black Stazon ink, then gave it sufficient time to dry. After that I used a white crayon to shadow a few places on the flower. Then using SU's round sponges cut into 4ths, I applied color to the white panel. When you do this, the color does not stick where you have applied the crayon, it resists the color! What you end up with is a nice contrast and some optical interest.

I completed it with a greeting and some black CS for "pop"! You could easily bling this card up, but it was for club this weekend (hi girls!) and it was all about the technique this time!

I am getting ready to get a whole bunch or new goodies from SU......I love being a demonstrator and feeding my own habit! It is like Christmas when the boxes come! I can hardly wait to play with new goodies!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: