December 29, 2009

Cocoa Cone~~

Today's fun-ness is not a new idea, it has been floating around the blog-o-sphere for some time, BUT I have not made one before. Yeah yeah, I am slow when it comes to trends. I usually catch on to something about the time 'everyone' else is moving on to the next thing......but that's when you get the best stuff on clearance right?
I was on THIS fantastic blog the other day, when I ran across THIS post! I had questions, and Traci was so sweet and kind to help me find what I needed. Be sure to check out her SU blog!

These cone bags were a steal at Hobby Lobby for just $1.99 for 25! I filled them with 3 heaping tablespoons of hot cocoa, a few chocolate chips, several marshmallows and ta-da! Add a cute tag and you have a fun gift for someone! These are great for Christmas, but since that is over for a while, how about a winter pick me up. Mug or no mug, this is cute! (I did cut about 4-5 inches off the top of the bag as it was far to tall for the cocoa.....)

My tag was made with a Cuttlebug folder, and old Marvey scallop square punch and some PTI ribbon. Any tag you can create will work out fine. I also plan to fill these bags with some candy like Skittles, or M&M's. Can you see Valentine M&M's with a cute heart tag? What else can you put in the cone bag?

I really need to get back to cards. I haven't made one in a while.......3-D has been my thing! Maybe I should make some Christmas Thank you Cards??????????????

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

2 comments:

Traci G said...

Your tag is SO cute Shelli!!! Love it!! Thanks for the link back! I'll be back later when I have more time...getting ready for work now. Looks like a lot of great stuff here to check out!

Sally said...

Fabulous idea. Have not made these either. I am making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow so hope I can find some of these bags too. Wonder what dept they will be in. They would have lots of uses not just for Christmas.