November 19, 2009

Snow~~

Okay, so there isn't any snow yet (thank goodness!) but it is on it's way for sure! But that's what the image says.....S N O W !!

More boutique stuff for you today. I made these little guys and I must say I fell in love! I used the exact same design for a card too! Tomorrow I will show you another one.

I brought out my SU Elegant Bouquet embossing folder for the subtle background texture. It needed "something" and I found the partial embossing here to be just right! The image is from the set called Big on Christmas. I adore this set! Tomorrow you will see another image from the set, and there is yet a third! (Page 40 in the current catalog) The snowflakes were done with the new SU Snowflake punch and I added a little bling from my LSS. I stamped the image in Brilliant Blue ink, colored just a tiny with my SU markers (you need to save up for these!) and double matted with Bashful Blue and Brilliant Blue CS. Easy peasy! Oh, the ribbon is also SU striped ribbon, love that stuff!

It is easy to add "pop" to your stamping with just some small finishing touches, like bling. The tiny rhinestones come in a bag of like 200 for just a few dollars, or use a coupon, even better! Or add some paper piercing, or even a little dry embossing with your Big Shot or Cuttlebug.....it changes everything. If you want to dress up your projects, think details first. Small things really can add a big effect.

Now get to stamping and mail a hug!


~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: