August 20, 2009

Talk is Cheep~~~

Greetings friends! I hope your weather is as gorgeous as mine! It's hard to wanna be inside stamping when the weather is so warm and sunny, but I manage (wink*)

I have three cards for you today! Yesterday I pulled out Cheep Talk by SU! and decided to just go with it! Sometimes I do that.....I just create with one stamp set for a while, it might be a couple hours, or maybe a couple days! It's fun how ,once you get some idea's, they just keep flowing when you stick with one particular stamp set.



This one I tweeked from a card by Dawn Easton HERE. I subscribe to her blog, and she is one fantastic stamper! I obviously took her layout (AKA skecth) and changed up the colors and added the half circle. This technique is called CAS (copy and share) I also call it cheating! When your stamping mojo is hiding somewhere, it is nice to fall back on others blogs and websites like http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ for inspiration! Have you ever heard the phrase "there are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities to embellish!" Well, if you have been to my classes or clubs, you have heard it form ME! This card also uses the "cover up" technique. You mess up, you cover up! Easy! What you don't know (until I tell you) is that half circle actually covers up a crooked greeting that I stamped there on the pink CS! It was crooked so I simply covered it up with the half circle and a straight greeting!


This card I CAS'ed from HERE. She used a circle cutter I think, but I used punches. I'm not sure if her opening goes all the inside like mine does, but that's what I saw when I first looked at it. My circle goes to the inside of the card, allowing you a peek in. The bird is adhered to the front of the card and therefore stays put when you open it. Only the branch (and a greeting) are inside! Cute huh!


Lastly, this little gem is all me. No copying here, I finally got inspired and made my own! The layout is simple, and a "go to" kind of sketch. The tiny tag is a cuttle bug die and the ribbon is PTI, and the border punch is EK success, but the rest is SU!

So there ya go! Now, even if you are not a stamper, take today to mail a card to a friend or family member. The mailbox at my house is always full of bills and ads.....both wanting my money....it is such a joy to receive a kind word in the mail! Brighten someones day by making them smile at the mail box! Just do it!



~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

1 comment:

Gretchen Clark said...

cute!!!
you must have quite a stash of cards...3 in one post~awesome;0)