October 27, 2011

Simple beauty~~

I hosted a card making event at church this past weekend.  I had the wonderful help of two good friends and it was fun!  


I wanted to share with the ladies about encouraging others. So often we get junk mail and bills, and nothing else in our mailboxes.  I bet your in box isn't much different.


My goal for this workshop was to spur the ladies who came to encourage others with the written word.  What a better way to do that than with a home-made card in the mail!  I got to share about two things I am passionate about; encouragement and card making!  A nice blend to say the least!


I was going for simple with the cards we made since I didn't think that most of the ladies who came would have card making experience, so what you will see is simplicity.


This DSP is left over from Sale-A-Bration several years back.  It is Sahara Sand.  I think its gorgeous paired with a little black don't you?  I used the new Sizzix frames for the oval shape, which is perfect ith the oval punch for the scripture you see!  I just love how SU pairs their products like the frames and the punches, for a big and easy WOW!  The little flower adds just the right pop with the rhinestone in the center.


I hope you are blessing someone today with a little love in the mail box!  Remember, a hand made card is a hug with a fold in the middle!


~~Blessings~~
Shelli



No comments: