March 05, 2011

Happy Birthday Monkey Boy~~



Time flies faster with grandchildren. If you have some then you know I am right! Especially if they don't live near you. My little guy lives 400 miles away, and while I am thankful it is not more, it is still 400 MILES!

I wanted his card to be special like him! His parents did a jungle theme in the nursery so I went with the cute little monkey! I hopped on SCS and looked at all the monkey punch art there was and picked out my favorite elements from a couple different ones.

I used these punches; 2 inch (blue) Marvy, SU extra large oval, SU large heart, 1 1/4 inch circle, 1 inch circle, 1/2 inch circle and 1/4 inch circle. I drew the smile and nose holes in myself.

The hat is free hand from Celebrations DSP. I used Pacific Point and Bashful CS, along with some Poppy ribbon from PTI!

The dry embossing is a Cuttlebug folder that is one of the first couple I bought, and I am pretty sure it is still available at your LCS. Cute right?





For the inside I used a strip of Celebrations DSP and some fun alphabet stamps. These are from Tidy Alphabet which is retired (sorry)!

The ink colors match the DSP, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, and Real Red.

Today is his little party, and all the grammas, grampas, and great grammas and grampas will be there! It will be so fun to be there and watch him enjoy his first birthday. I am so blessed!

Next post will be non stamping related so I can share a photo (or two) of the birthday boy!

See ya then~~!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: