January 18, 2010

Tent Topper~~

Today's lovely is called a Tent Topper card. The card base is a 4 1/4 inch square and the circle image pops up to fill up the rest of the normal size. The red ribbon here is what started this project. I got it on something at Christmas, and I thought it was beautiful ribbon, that I saved it to put on a card. I adore the black white red color combo, and I wear those colors often as well. The flower image is from Fifth Ave. Floral. The DSP is newly ret. from the last Holiday Mini. I used my 3" scallop circle from Marvy and the 2 1/2 inch circle as well to create the topper. Sadly, the photo doesn't show how truly pretty the glitter is over the red marker on the flower image. I first colored the stems with Real Red Marker and after that dried a while, I carefully applied 2 Way Glue and added Dazzling Diamonds (SU) glitter. Lastly I paper pierced the scallops and adhered! Ta-Da!

A card like this requires a layer of a lighter color CS on the inside to allow for writing the greeting. Just cut your CS 1/8 or 1/4 inch smaller than the base and then decorate as you wish!

Speaking of As You Wish..........who has seen The Princess Bride? Do you love it? We do. We usually watch it once a year and quote it the whole time as we go! So fun! "Inconceivable"!!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: