December 21, 2009

Last Minute Gift Bag~~

These gift bags were so fun to make! I made a sold quite a few in the boutiques that I did last month. This one was made specifically for a friend who adores pink! Pink is not usually a color I go to for Christmas, but that is one of the fun things about paper crafting, customizing your gifts! I got the DSP from my LSS and matted it with Pretty In Pink CS. The ribbon, button and twine are from various sources. I wanted a cute little tag to match, so I thought it would be fun to punch out the head of the one of the reindeer and layer it. (I promise no reindeer were actually hurt in the making of this bag..........)


Inside were some fun gifts as well, but the only one I snapped a photo of is the nugget tin from last post. I actually made a candle (like the ones a few days ago) with the same DSP and reindeer tag to co-ordinate with the bag!

So, how are you holiday plans going? Are you ready? Christmas is just a few days away! We decided to take a break from all the activity last night and we watched a movie as a family. Now if you have teens, you know how hard it can be to get them all home at the same time and to sit still. But we did it! It may be the last time this week until Friday, but it was nice. Except when my daughters boy friend called from Kuwait, we were all together! (he is there with the Army for another week, then on to Iraq......) Naturally, it was important that she take the call!

Thank a soldier (and their family) this season. It is hard to be away from home and family all the time, but especially at Christmas.

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: