November 04, 2009

Treat Box~~

Some time this spring, I saw a cute treat box like this that was made with a Sixxiz die. I wanted to make one, but in a constant effort to save money (or spend it elsewhere....) I came up with my own version! I was pretty pleased with the result HERE. At that time I wanted to put a window in so the candy was visible but I didn't have the tools to make it happen. Well, now I have some Nestabilities dies and so I used them on this project to make the window!
To make your own, cut a piece of CS to 3 1/2 by 11 inches. Score at 4 1/2, 5 1/2 and 10 inches. The strip of CS is 3 1/2 by 3/4 inches. Use any shape Nestabilities you like for the window. The baggie for the candy is 3x4 and was purchased at my LSS in the jewelry section. They zip closed, and are the perfect size for this particular project! Simply staple the bag in, use a tiny bit of adhesive on the flap to keep it closed, and add ribbon and a tag for the cute-ness factor! Voila!

I was inspired to decorate mine like this by a blog earlier last week, but I cannot find that entry now! ( I look at about 25 blogs a day so my inbox fills up FAST!) So if it is yours, let me know. I want to give proper credit!

These are super simple and inexpensive to put together for student gifts, friend gifts or when you see your nail tech or someone like that! Naturally they can be made anytime of year with out the Christmas theme, and filled with any yummy candy you want! These could be adapted for all holiday's! I am taking a boat-load of these to the Brinkmeyer Boutique in a couple weeks. They will be priced to sell, and sell they will! ( I hope.....)

Go make one, you will see how easy it is!

~~Stamping Smiles~~
Shelli

No comments: